Attorney Kristy M. Hickman Wins In & Out of the Courtroom
We are pleased to announce that our very own Attorney Kristy M. Hickman has been elected to the Maryland State Bar Association Board of Governors. As a result, she represents the Second District, Dorchester/Somerset, Wicomico/Worcester Board of Governors Roster for 2020-2021. This impressive accomplishment demonstrates her outstanding contributions to the legal profession, and we look forward to seeing the impacts she makes as she executes her new role.
What Does the MSBA Board of Governors Do?
According to the MSBA website, their elective officers consist of the following:
- One or more District Governors elected from each district
- Three Young Lawyer Governors
More specifically, the Board of Governors include:
- Elective officers of the Association
- Immediate Past President
- Three Section representatives
- State Delegate to the House of Delegates of the American Bar Association
- Chair of the Section of Young Lawyers
The Board of Governors “make the strategic decisions that guide the MSBA towards achieving its mission” of effectively representing Maryland’s lawyers, providing member services and promoting professionalism, diversity in the legal profession, access to justice, service to the public and respect for the rule of law. Further, the Board of Governors connect and empower the legal profession through ongoing support and advocacy, and help MSBA members at every stage of their careers. They are responsible for ensuring the MSBA membership experience is rewarding and valuable.
As such, Attorney Hickman will play a key role in impacting the personal and professional lives of Maryland attorneys, exemplifying that she has proven her abilities to meet the high standards set forth by the Board of Governors. Our team at Anthenelli, Phoebus & Hickman, LLC is not surprised that Attorney Hickman has secured such an influential title on the Board of Governors, as she continuously succeeds on behalf of her clients at our firm.
In her newly-elected position, Attorney Hickman will have responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Managing and controlling the business and affairs of the MSBA
- Having power and authority over the affairs of the MSBA between its membership meetings
- Meeting at least six times each year on dates, times and places set by the Board at the beginning of each year
- Approving proposed budgets
- Adopting, amending, and revoking policies applicable to the MSBA
Learn More by Calling (410) 657-5775 Today!
As a member of the Board of Governors, Attorney Hickman has a wealth of information and skills that could help guide you towards making the best possible decisions to address your legal concerns. Our team at Anthenelli, Phoebus & Hickman, LLC handles criminal defense, personal injury, DUI and family law cases across Salisbury and will gladly discuss your matters during a free initial consultation.
To get started, contact us today!