James V. Anthenelli, one of the founders of Anthenelli, Phoebus & Hickman, LLC, died on May 26, 2015. He leaves a legacy of a career in litigation, focusing on criminal defense, that spanned 38 years and a dedication to serving his community, both professionally and through his work on local nonprofit boards.
Attorney Anthenelli began his career more than 35 years ago as a prosecutor in Salisbury, Maryland and has maintained an office in Salisbury since 1977. After entering private practice, Attorney Anthenelli continued to handle all types of criminal cases and further enhanced his litigation and trial skills by representing clients in personal injury, commercial and business litigation.
Attorney Anthenelli quickly gained a reputation as being one of the area's most accomplished litigators recognized for his passion in representing clients and his courtroom skills. For the remainder of his career, Attorney Anthenelli specialized exclusively in the defense of criminal and serious motor vehicle cases.
- Attorney Anthenelli consistently received the top AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- He was recognized in the list of Super Lawyers® from 2008-2015
- Nearly 40 years of legal experience
- Repeatedly Voted Best Lawyer in Salisbury, Maryland by the readers of Metropolitan Magazine
- 2014 to 2015. Anthenelli, Phoebus & Hickman, LLC, Salisbury, Maryland.
- 2002 to 2013. The Law Office of James V. Anthenelli, Salisbury, Maryland.
- 1986 to 2002. Anthenelli & Otway, Salisbury, Maryland.
- 1980 to 1986. Robins, Johnson & Anthenelli, Salisbury, Maryland.
- 1978 to 1980. Hearne & Bailey, Salisbury, Maryland.
- 1977 to 1978. Assistant State's Attorney for Wicomico County, Salisbury, Maryland.
- Court of Appeals of Maryland, 1977.
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland, 1979.
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 1979.
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1981.