Attorney Kristy M. Hickman started her legal career more than 20 years ago, beginning first as a law clerk to Judge Daniel M. Long, of the Circuit Court for Somerset County and then spending more than 15 years as a prosecutor. In 1996, she began as an Assistant State’s Attorney for Somerset County. In 2005, she was appointed interim State’s Attorney, succeeding Logan C. Widdowson. In 2006, she was elected State’s Attorney for Somerset County. As a prosecutor, she tried hundreds of felony cases and won murder convictions in all 16 murder trials she prosecuted. In addition to serving as the highest elected law enforcement officer in Somerset County, Hickman has also served as an Assistant State’s Attorney in Dorchester County, Maryland. She entered private practice in 2014. Attorney Hickman concentrates her practice in the areas of family law and personal injury.
Attorney Hickman is a graduate of Louisiana Tech University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. She went on to receive her J.D. from the William and Mary School of Law in 1994. She is admitted to practice in both Maryland and Virginia.
- Excellent rated lawyer on Avvo
- More than 20 years of legal experience
- Former State's Attorney for Somerset County
- Voted a member of the “Best Law Firm” by the readers of Metropolitan Magazine for 2015 & 2016
For more information about Attorney Kristy M. Hickman and for qualified legal help, contact her online or call (410) 657-5775!
- 2014 to Present. Anthenelli, Phoebus & Hickman, LLC.
- 2011 to 2013. Assistant State's Attorney for Dorchester County.
- 2005 to 2011. State's Attorney for Somerset County.
- 1996 to 2005. Assistant State's Attorney for Somerset County
- 1995 to 1996. Law Clerk to the Honorable Daniel M. Long, Circuit Court for Somerset County.
- Court of Appeals of Maryland, 1994.
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland, 2015.
- Supreme Court of Virginia, 1994.