Attorney Kristy M. Hickman
Attorney Kristy M. Hickman started her legal career almost 20 years ago,
beginning first as a law clerk to Judge Daniel M. Long, of the Circuit
Court for Somerset County and then spending more than 15 years as a prosecutor.
In 1996, she began as an Assistant Sate’s Attorney for Somerset
County. In 2005, she was appointed interim State’s Attorney, succeeding
Logan C. Widdowson. In 2006, she was elected State’s Attorney for
Somerset County. As a prosecutor, she tried hundreds of felony cases and
won murder convictions in all 16 murder trials she prosecuted. In addition
to serving as the highest elected law enforcement officer in Somerset
County, Hickman has also served as an Assistant State’s Attorney
in Dorchester County, Maryland. She entered private practice in 2014.
Attorney Hickman concentrates her practice in the areas of
family law and
Attorney Hickman is a graduate of Louisiana Tech University with a Bachelor
of Science degree in Accounting. She went on to receive her J.D. from
the William and Mary School of Law in 1994. She is admitted to practice
in both Maryland and Virginia.
Excellent rated lawyer on Avvo
Nearly 20 years of legal experience
- Former State's Attorney for Somerset County
- Voted a member of the “Best Law Firm” by the readers of Metropolitan
Magazine for 2015 & 2016
Her professional career includes serving as a law clerk to Judge Daniel
M. Long of the Circuit Court for Somerset County, the Maryland Professionalism
Task Force, the Court Commission on Professionalism, the Drug and Alcohol
Abuse Council, President of the Somerset County Bar Association, Chair
of the Somerset County Pro Bono Committee, and the Maryland State’s
Attorneys’ Association. She is a member of the Somerset County,
Wicomico County, and Maryland State Bar Associations.
For more information about Attorney Kristy M. Hickman and for qualified
contact her online
or call (410) 657-5775!
- 2014 to Present. Anthenelli, Phoebus & Hickman, LLC.
- 2011 to 2013. Assistant State's Attorney for Dorchester County.
- 2005 to 2011. State's Attorney for Somerset County.
- 1996 to 2005. Assistant State's Attorney for Somerset County
- 1995 to 1996. Law Clerk to the Honorable Daniel M. Long, Circuit Court
for Somerset County.
- William & Mary Law School, J.D., 1994.
- Louisiana Tech University, B.S. in Accounting, 1991.
- Court of Appeals of Maryland, 1994.
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland, 2015.
- Supreme Court of Virginia, 1994.
- President Somerset County Bar Association, 1995 to 2005.
- Maryland State's Attorneys' Association, 2005 to 2011.
- Court Commission on Professionalism, 2004 to 2006.
- Maryland Professionalism Task Force, 2003.
- Maryland State Bar Association, 1994 to Present.
- Wicomico County Bar Association, 2014 to Present.
- Somerset County Bar Association, 1994 to Present.
Civic and Community Memberships
- Chair, Somerset County Pro Bono Committee, 2003 to 2005.
- Life Crisis Board of Directors, 2006 to 2010.
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Church Vestry, 2007 to 2010.
- St. Mary’s Childcare Center Board of Directors, 2013 to 2015.
- Lower Shore YMCA Board of Directors, 2015 to Present.
- Crisfield Chamber of Commerce